Experience the Magic Nearby
Even if you’re a local, visiting the Avon and Annapolis Valleys of Nova Scotia is special. This place transports. Here, the world moves a little slower, a glass of wine in the sun tastes a little more divine, finding a deep breath feels a little easier. Whether it’s a day or a week, a visit here restores and relaxes. You always leave with a full heart, belly and soul.
The signature combination of aliveness and ease that this region is known for is truly the inspiration for The August House and we’ve woven these sentiments into every aspect of your experience here. And while, this might make you not want to leave the property, here are just some delightful experiences to discover nearby.
Within walking distance:
- Bakeries and charming coffee shops (be sure to check out Bedard Bakery, Thursday thru Sunday!)
- Craft beer bars and distilleries (our faves are Schoolhouse Brewery and Cherry Tree Distillery)
- Sunday Avon Community Farmers’ Market in the park (please check dates and times!)
- Shops and restaurants. Cafe by day, dinner by night, Gerrish and Grey is a great choice! And the Spitfire Arms Alehouse is a long-time local favourite.
- World-renowned Mermaid Theatre (check their events listing to see if there’s a concert on during your stay)
- Historical sites (the Haliburton House is a beautiful location for a history lesson and a picnic!)
Short drive away:
- Ski Martock (12 min drive)
- Wineries and tours (find a complete list at Wines of Nova Scotia)
- Farmer’s markets and hidden veggie stands (as us for our best hidden recommendations!)
- Golf courses (our local Avon Valley Golf and Country Club is a gem)
- Culinary experiences (like Juniper Food + Wine and The Flying Apron Cookery)