General Guest Agreement
Check in: 3PM
Check out: 11AM
- Guests are asked to provide a credit card to secure the booking.
- The booking is held until 11:59PM on the scheduled day of arrival unless otherwise agreed to by The August House, at which time the room is released and no longer available under the reservation.
- Guests are asked to depart by 11:00AM unless otherwise agreed to by The August House. A late check-out can be requested by email to The August House but is subject to availability and will be charged at an hourly rate as determined by The August House. Occupancy. Rooms are subject to a maximum occupancy limit (which varies by room) and this limit must be respected.
Rooms are subject to a maximum occupancy limit (which varies by room) and this limit must be respected.
- 100% of your stay, plus applicable taxes is charged upon booking.
- If cancelled before ten (10) days of your arrival date, you will be refunded 100% of your booking amount.
- Cancellations within the ten (10) day window are charged one night’s room cost, plus applicable taxes and guests will be refunded any difference from the total booking cost.
- No-shows are charged 100% of the stay plus applicable taxes.
- This cancellation policy may be adjusted in the off-season at the discretion of The August House.
- Group bookings are subject to separate policies.
- No booking will be considered confirmed until full payment has been completed.
General Guest Agreement Terms
- By booking with The August House, the guest acknowledges they have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out. These terms and conditions may be subject to change from time-to-time.
Charges and Payment
- Prices shown on the website do not include HST.
- The rate includes a light breakfast snack.
- Additional purchases will be added to the card on file unless otherwise stated by the guest.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard.
- At the time of booking we will charge 100% of the stay plus applicable taxes and fees.
Changes or Cancellation
- We may, from time-to-time, for operational or safety reasons, need to cancel your booking. Guests will be issued a full refund in these circumstances. However, The August House shall not have liability to you arising out of such cancellation.
- We will use reasonable efforts to honor your room selection. We may need to provide you an alternative room due to safety or operational issues. This will be communicated to you in advance and the rate will not be more than your original booking.
- The August House reserves the right, and you authorize us to charge your credit card, for any damage to the property during your stay including issues requiring special cleaning, repairs or missing items.
Guest Enjoyment and Behaviour
- We ask you to respect the property and spaces like they are your own – we want all to feel at home and you have a role to play in that. Guests are asked to be respectful of the physical and psychological safety, wellbeing and health of other guests and The August House staff. In the words of Bob Dylan: “Be groovy or leave, man.” You may be asked to leave if you disrupt the enjoyment or safety of others.
- If you are consuming alcohol or other intoxicants we ask that you do so in moderation and are mindful of disruption to other guests. Illegal substances are strictly prohibited on the property.
- The property, while sound proofed as much as possible, does carry noise so we ask reasonable efforts are made to respect other guests’ stays.
- We ask you to honour other guests’ experiences by being respectful of noise levels after 10pm. You may be asked to leave if you do not abide by this.
- Please be aware of others when in common spaces, including noise levels, cleanliness and safety. Common spaces are closed to gathering after 9PM, unless otherwise approved by The August House. Exterior spaces are closed at 10PM. Any visiting guests must depart by 10PM.
- The August House does not permit the burning of candles, incense or any fire apparatus or open flames inside.
- The August House has security cameras on premise for the safety and peace of mind for guests and from time-to-time may use them to monitor the premises or review footage in the event of theft, damage or disruption. These cameras are in public spaces only.
All are Welcome Here
- The values and policies of The August House stand against discrimination in all its forms and it is our policy that all are welcome here. Those who do not respect this may be asked to leave. We do not discriminate on any basis and do not tolerate such behaviour on the part of guests.
- Children are welcome to stay at The August House. We simply ask that guests with young children take reasonable measures to respect the peace and stay of other guests.
- Parents and guardians must be mindful that the property is not child-proofed and they are responsible for the safety of the children and youth under their care. By booking with us, you acknowledge that The August House is not liable for any injury.
- Children under 18 are never to be left unattended on the property. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Pets (while we love them) are not allowed.
- Service animals are welcome with appropriate documentation. Please let us know at the time of booking.
- We are a non-smoking property, including vaping, cigarettes and any other substances in rooms or on the premises.
- There is a $500 cleaning fee we reserve the right to charge if we determine smoking has occurred in your room or any other space inside the property.
- The August House does not accept liability and will not pay compensation where the ability for it to perform its obligations is affected directly or indirectly by, or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, flood, earthquake extreme adverse weather events, natural disasters, pandemics, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water or utility service, computers, machinery or collapse of building structures.
Limitation of Liability
- The August House is not responsible for the loss or damage of any guest property left on the premises or in guests’ vehicles.